Friday, January 13, 2012

What is Cover Letter?

A cover letter is a letter that you send to accompany your CV when you apply for job, whether advertised or when you are sending an unwanted application. Do not over look this tool as it can be a great asset in your job hunt.

There are different types of job related letters:
1.      Letter of inquiry: In this type of query you are enquiring about possible job opportunities that fit your skills. You have to give a general area you are interested in working in.
2.      Job Application Cover Letter or Response to a Job Advertisement: Answering a particular job advert. The important thing in the cover letter is to show that your skills match those for the job advert.
3.      Thank You Letter: A thank you letter shows the interest you have in a position you have been interviewed for.
4.      Acceptance Letter: In this letter you state that you are accepting the job offered.
5.      Declination Letter: You inform your employer that you are no longer interested in the position offered.
Fax Sample Job Resume Cover Letter
Cover Letter for Accountants

Acceptance of Job Offer


Qamar Nangraj,
    University of sindh,
                                                                                                                   Jamshoro
Date: 10, Jan 2012

Mr. XYZ ,
Director ABC,
Karachi .
Dear Mr.XYZ ,
      I am writing in response to the advertisement you placed last Thursday in the Daily Dawn news paper. Please find enclosed my resume detailing my work experience as a practicing Accountant.
      You will see from my resume that I am currently working at the Regional Accounts Inc., where I have gained valuable knowledge and expertise through my work on several large corporate accounts.
      I believe that I have the correct skills and attitude to fulfill my role within your company and if successful I feel I would begin to make an immediate contribution.
      I would appreciate an opportunity to meet with you, and can be reached at (0333)-22222221. To expedite this process, I am faxing this to you, and will follow up with a hard copy via postal mail. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Qamar Nangraj


Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment